Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Self-Help?



Self-Help
What hopeless dweebs 
who are too embarrassed to ask others for help 
wind up having to do for themselves. 

Self-Help is great for people 
who are unable to convince others to lend them a hand. 

Ask not what you can do for yourself; 
ask what yourself can do for you. 
Or the other way around, 
whichever is easier. 

What helps immensely 
when marketing a self-help book 
is to follow its advice and become a millionaire. 
In which case, 
you wouldn’t need to market a book. 
Ergo, 
I find myself suspicious 
of any and all self-help books. 

I think “self-help” means the author of such a book 
is helping himself to our money!  

After you buy a bunch of self-help books, 
what you need is shelf-help. 



Funny Target Commercial

Uploaded on Jan 2, 2006 by

George Carlin
How is it possible to have a civil war?

Steve Martin
People come up to me and say 
“Steve, what is film editing?” 
And I say “How should I know? You’re the director.” 

Dean Burkey
I wrote a biography of Jacques Cousteau: 
“The Porpoise-Driven Life”. 

Mitch Hedberg
Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus? 
Or just a really cool opotamus? 

Steven Wright
I used to have an open mind, 
but my brains kept falling out. 


Some may find some of the following language and concepts offensive:


John Mulaney on Funny as Hell

Published on May 2, 2012 by

No comments:

Post a Comment