Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pining for Nutty Grapes?



Pining for Nutty Grapes?

Euell Gibbons used to do ads for Grape Nuts 
where he’d hold up a pine cone; 
and say, 
“Ever eat a pine cone? 
Many parts are edible.” 
And then he’d talk about 
how much he enjoys Grape Nuts. 

Well, of course, he likes them. 
They’re a step up from eating pine cones. 

And if that testimony wasn’t bad enough. 
Shortly thereafter, he died. 
Of natural causes. 

Perhaps a pine cone lodged in his windpipe. 
The Heimlich Maneuver can only do so much. 

At some point, you gotta figure, 
it doesn’t make sense to eat trees. 
‘Cause sometimes the bark does have bite.


Grapenuts Cereal

Uploaded on Aug 14, 2011 by
Michael Lockrey

Rita Rudner
Someday I want to be rich. 
Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. 
That’s how rich I want to be. 

Phyllis Diller
By far the most common craving of pregnant women 
is not to be pregnant. 

Dean Burkey
Everyone’s crazy in one way or another. 
At least I use my insanity for the forces of good.  

Rodney Dangerfield
I asked my old man if I could go ice-skating on the lake. 
He told me, “Wait till it gets warmer.” 

Steven Wright
Last night I went to a 24-hour grocery. 
When I got there, 
the guy was locking the front door. 
I said, 
“Hey, the sign says you’re open 24 hours.” 
He goes: “Not in a row!”




John Branyan: Clean Comedy (Part 2)

Uploaded on Dec 10, 2007 by
John Branyan


These two faith-based books are FREE 
on Amazon Kindle from May 22-26, 2103:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment