Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Great Flydini


The Great Flydini



Steve Martin Is "The Great Flydini" 

on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson"

Uploaded on Feb 6, 2011 by



Photo Source:
The front cover of "Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life"
Steve Martin's informative and entertaining autobiography
of his stand-up comedy career.

I think I did pretty well, 
considering I started out with nothing 
but a bunch of blank paper. 

(Excerpt from "Grandmother's Song"):
Be thoughtful and trustful and childlike
Be witty and happy and wise
Be honest and love all your neighbors
Be obsequious, purple and clairvoyant

I know a lot of you people are 
sitting out there saying to yourselves, 
"Steve - you're a rambling guy. 
Is it tough for you, traveling from town to town, 
staying in different hotels every night, 
all alone, not with your friends?" 
Well, I've kind of worked that out now, 
I've got a whole new policy. 
Like, I came into New York early this morning, 
bought a house. Met a cute gal, got married. 
We had a little baby, another one on the way. 
Tomorrow: wake up, have a home-cooked meal, 
sell the house, get a divorce, and get on to the next town. 
So, this is what Steve is doing now. 

There is one thing I would break up over, 
and that is if she caught me with another woman. 
I won't stand for that. 

A day without sunshine is, like, 
you know, ... night.

All the Best,




Uploaded on May 3, 2010 by
PeterRabbit59

No comments:

Post a Comment