Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Movie Review: Life Is Beautiful


I originally scheduled this post for last Wednesday, 
but instead I posted about my screenplay 
John 3:16 Beautiful Savior 
being on Kindle. 
(See my previous post: 
John 3:16 Beautiful Savior Is Now On Amazon)
Here then is my original post 
which was supposed to appear last week:

Movie Review: 
Life Is Beautiful
Reviewed by
Dean Burkey


Reviewing this film feels apropos for this week, 
even though I watched this amazing movie years ago 
and can’t provide too many vivid details. 
But then again, I wouldn’t want to anyway. 
I don’t want to spoil the powerful experience 
of seeing this fantastic film for yourself. 

Co-writer, co-director, and star Roberto Benigni 
brings to life a captivating and well-blended comedy/drama/romance. 

The IMDB snippet description at 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/ says: 
“A Jewish man has a wonderful romance 
with the help of his humour, 
but must use that same quality 
to protect his son in a Nazi death camp.”

Sounds crazy to think someone could make 
a comedy about a concentration camp, 
but the creators of “Hogan’s Heroes” 
succeeded in that bizarre genre as well. 

This is far more than a sitcom 
or just a strange, unique, funny film 
about being oppressed by Nazis. 
This is the story of a father’s love for his son. 

He cares so much for his son 
that he goes to great lengths to shelter him 
from the reality of the horrors they face. 

I don’t know how to express 
how touching and beautiful this movie is. 

My only suggestion is to see it for yourself. 
I watched it, because I heard 
how awesome this movie is; 
and I’m glad I did. 

You will laugh; 
and you will cry. 

Or you’re a hollow, rusty tin man 
who needs to traipse down 
a long and winding yellow brick road 
to beg the Wizard for a heart. 

I give Life Is Beautiful 
the constellation Cepheus.
Which means:  

Five out of five stars. 

I only fear that my zeal for this movie 
will mess up your appraisal. 
When people say how great a movie is, 
I usually feel let down. 
But not with this film. 
Not if you want an emotional experience.

All the Best,




Uploaded on Apr 16, 2010 by
zuguidemovietrailers

Jerry Seinfeld:
Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, 
a pretty violent image there. 
I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, 
maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem, 
try getting the harpoon out of your chest first!


Jackie Mason:
I was so self-conscious, 
every time football players went into a huddle, 
I thought they were talking about me.

Woody Allen:
I had once a pain in the chestal area. 
Now, I was sure it was heartburn, y'know, 
'cause at that time I was married; 
and my wife cooking with her Nazi recipes, 
y'know, chicken Himmler. 
I didn't wanna pay twenty-five bucks 
to have it reaffirmed by some medic, that I had heartburn. 
But I was worried 'cause it was in the chestal area. 
Then it turns out my friend, Eggs Benedict, 
has a pain in his chestal area, in the same exact spot. 
I figured if I could get Eggs to go to the doctor, 
I could figure out what was wrong with me, 
at no charge, so I con Eggs. He goes. 
Turns out he's got heartburn. 
Cost him twenty-five dollars, and I feel great, 
'cause I figured I beat the medic 
out of twenty-five big ones, y'know. 
Called up Eggs two days later - he died. 
I check into a hospital immediately, 
have a battery of test run and x-rays. 
Turns out I got heartburn. 
Cost me a hundred and ten dollars. 
Now I'm furious. 
I run to Eggs' mother, and I say: "Did he suffer much?" 
And she said: "No, it was quick. 
Car hit him and that was it."


Rita Rudner:
I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They’ve experienced pain and bought jewelry. 

Rodney Dangerfield:
My uncle’s dying wish was to have me sitting on his lap. 
He was in the electric chair. 



HOGAN'S HEROES PILOT EPISODE FULL VERSION part 1

Uploaded on Sep 14, 2011 by



HOGAN'S HEROES PILOT EPISODE FULL VERSION (last portion)

Uploaded on Sep 15, 2011 by

No comments:

Post a Comment