Friday, April 19, 2013

Getting Messy with Nessie Part 1


Getting Messy with Nessie 
Part 1:
Captain Steele 
Is No Captain Stubing!

Bigfoot’s fun and all, 
but after backpacking in Bermuda
canoeing in California (with sharks!)
and staving off a radioactive Crab Cake invasion
I think we both got on each other’s nerves. 

I decided to get away from Biggie a bit 
and find a job on a cruise ship heading to Scotland. 
That way, not only would my trip overseas 
not cost me anything, 
I’d make some spending money too. 
Yay me!

I figured I could be the comic. 
Captain Thaddeus Steele of the USS Taskmaster 
chuckled at the thought; and said, 
“By the looks of ya’, ya’ belongs in the steam room.” 

I tried not to blush at the obvious compliment. 

The steam room didn’t sound so bad. 
I’d rather entertain the other guests 
and get paid to make them laugh. 
But I figured I could still joke around 
with the other passengers 
as I hand them towels in the steam room. 
So I signed on for the trip. 

Well, I should’ve known! 
The steam room job wasn’t nearly 
as easygoing as I hoped. 
Captain Steele was quite a grouch too. 
Slow with a quip; quick with a whip.
I shoveled coal into the furnace of a steam engine 
fourteen hours a day! 
And the trip took thirteen days! 


After the steamship docked, I got paid, 
hauled my luggage out of port, 
and rented a deep blue Infinity, 
which I drove to Urquhart Castle
I was supposed to meet Nessie 
by the shore there six days prior. 

(Nessie’s a sweet lass you may know better 
as the Loch Ness Monster
But I’d never call her a monster. 
Unless we’re down to the last chocolate chip cookie. 
‘Cause then, she can be a real monster! 
Won’t even entertain the notion of going halfsies. 
No wonder so many demented sea captains 
want to harpoon her!) 

The steamship didn’t have an Internet connection, 
so I couldn’t let her know I’d be late. 

I figured she’d be mad, 

but I never thought Nessie 

would be accused of murder! 



TO BE CONTINUED ... 
Meeting Someone Newed to Me

All the Best,

Published on Feb 14, 2013 by
CBS


Bill Cosby:
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, 
so that when you yell the name will carry.

Dean Burkey
Watched stocks never rise. 
Unless they’re stocks you don’t own. 

Chris Rock:
I don’t get high, but sometimes I wish I did. 
That way, when I messed up in life I would have an excuse. 
But right now there’s no rehab for stupidity.

George Carlin:
Think of how stupid the average person is; 
and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Steven Wright:
I planted some birdseed. 
A bird came up. 
Now I don’t know what to feed it. 


Please Note: The following contains some mature topics. 

The Late Show with Dav... David Letterman - Comedian Brian Kiley

Published on Jan 19, 2013 by

No comments:

Post a Comment