Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Book Review: Humor 101



Photo Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J1ZD5M

I had fun Monday. I had this notion that I should check my Wish List on Amazon to see if anything I wanted was being offered for free. Miraculously, yes! The Kindle version of Humor 101 by Danny Murphy was priced at $0.00. 

If you want to search for free Kindle books, click here: Kindle $0.00Just make sure the price says $0.00 for Kindle; and not Amazon Prime

If not, it’s only $3.99 anyway. So skip a jumbo latte; and learn how to tell jokes! Become funny enough; and people will buy you lattes. If not, hang out with people who will. 

I enjoyed the book and highlighted* lots of passages. 

It was on my Wish List twice! I had both the Kindle version and the print version on there. 

Not only does Danny Murphy teach about comedy, What Is a Joke?, Types of Jokes, and Tricks of Telling Jokes, he answers FAQs and shares some of His Best Bits as well as his Adventures in Comedy, which culminates with his Ten Commandments of Comedy. 

He’s also forthright in sharing his failures as well as his successes. Offering an honest look at a difficult business. But also offering practical tips on how to succeed and have more fun, with examples from his stage experiences. 

My favorite part being where he refers to my favorite comedian Brian Regan as “the best club comedian I ever saw”. And shared what a great guy he is, taking the time to talk to the newer comics, sharing his comedy wisdom. That would be a blast!

Whether you want to become a comedian, a better public speaker, or the life of the party, this book offers basic, and even some advanced, tips on how to tell jokes for power, prestige, profit, and personal fulfillment. At $3.99 for the Kindle edition, thats about a buck a P

The Kindle version was free on Monday, but it may still be free, if you hurry. Click the Humor 101 link on the left below to find out. The Humor 101 link on the right is the print edition. 

Thank you Danny Murphy for your comedic insights and first-hand experiences. 

Blessings & Joy,

* One of the coolest things about Kindle books is how easily you can highlight and un-highlight sections of the books. 

P. S. 
For more about Brian Regan
check out my previous posts: 
and


 



No comments:

Post a Comment