Friday, September 28, 2012

Sanity Check: Pass Or Fail?

Sanity Check: 
Pass Or Fail?


If you don’t check your sanity every so often, you’re probably insane. 

If you check it too much, it’ll make you insane. 

So obviously theres a delicate balance to the grasping of ones sanity. 

I sent in my Sanity Check test along with four box tops from specially marked packages of Cocoa Puffs

And, in six to eight weeks, I’ll be the first on my block to find out how my sanity checks out. 

But alas, I fear, my sanity may have already checked out. 

The samples shown online indicated that everyone taking the test is ultimately declared: Cuckoo! 

Yes, my friends, Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

But I guess it’s a given that if you eat four specially marked boxes of Cocoa Puffs, you are, at least to some extent, indeed, Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Cuckoo like a clock! 

Sweet chocolaty delight toying with my sanity like it’s a shrink-wrapped plastic toy that comes in six different colors. 

Since I already know the declaration of insanity is forthcoming, I should go ahead decide what kind of crazy I want to be. 

Hmm. ...

An ax-wielding psycho in a hockey mask? 

No way! The mask would be too stuffy, especially in a temperate climate. 

And even a nut job doesn’t want to haul around a heavy ax everywhere he goes. 

I dont know how the wackos with chainsaws do so. 

Especially with all that noise, the added weight, and the rising costs of chainsaw upkeep.

A drooling dude on a park bench who feeds the pigeons 
and mumbles to himself about the one that got away? 

Nothing against the pigeons, but that sounds boring. 

And the excessive drooling can get messy. 

And expensive, depending on local dry cleaning costs. 

Besides, I pushed away all the ones that got away, so I’m in the clear in that regard. 

More or less. 

Okay, less. 

Oo! Oo! 
I could be one of those goobers 
who lives in denial! 

Gasp! Or maybe I already am!

Or I could be someone whose grasp of reality 
is flimsy at best. 

Then I could write a blog and create all sorts of crazy fun adventures. 

Nawwww! 

Blessings & Joy,



P.S. The irony, or paradox, if any, is that I didn’t even eat Cocoa Puffs this week. It’s my reward for when I finish a screenplay, but I’m not done with my latest one yet. (Actually, I finished yesterday, so I will soon be enjoying bowlfuls of that crazy chocolate delight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment