Thursday, August 16, 2012

Remembering Elvis


Is Elvis really dead? 
How can he be? 
When ELVIS is a Word Jumble for LIVES.


"A live concert to me is exciting 
because of all the electricity that is generated 
in the crowd and on stage. 
It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts."

Here's a fun, rare video showing early Elvis 
appearing on The Milton Berle Show singing:
Heartbreak Hotel

Uploaded by  on Sep 29, 2011
Elvis making his first appearance on the Milton Berle Show on April 3, 1956. 
Performing on the deck of the USS Hancock in San Diego. 
Cheered from an audience of sailors.

Steve Martin says that Elvis came back stage 
to tell him that both Steve and Elvis have 
"an oblique sense of humor"!

Elvis prophetically sings 

Uploaded by  on Sep 6, 2010

"Every time I think that I'm getting old, 
and gradually going to the grave, 
something else happens."

Elvis singing his last song on stage ...

Uploaded by  on Sep 30, 2008
Can't Help Falling In Love - Audience film from Market Square Arena, Indianapolis 6/26/77. 
Last on stage footage of Elvis.

"When I was a child, 
ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. 
I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book. 
I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie. 
So every dream I ever dreamed 
has come true a hundred times. 
I learned very early in life that: 
'Without a song, the day would never end; 
without a song, a man ain’t got a friend; 
without a song, the road would never bend, 
So I keep singing a song. 
Goodnight. Thank you." 
From his acceptance speech for 
the 1970 Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation Award. 
Given at a ceremony on January 16, 1971. 
(Elvis quoted from copyrighted material 
with lines from the song “Without a Song”.)
Quote and Info Source: 

Dean



For more Elvis fun, see my previous Heaven-Bent posts: 
Jacko, Elvis, and The Albino Bigfoot and my 6-Part Epic Inside/Out Adventure which began with Beggar Gone Bad!;
and please visit My Favorite Blog for the post: 

No comments:

Post a Comment