Monday, August 20, 2012

Book Review: Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow with Nathan Whitaker

Book Review: 


Although not a big sports fan, I thoroughly enjoyed Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow with Nathan Whitaker.

Tim Tebow was very forthright in sharing his foibles and fears as well as his faith and victories. His hurts and heartaches as well as his hopes and dreams. His flaws and weaknesses as well as his talents and strengths. 

I found the book inspiring. Tebow's such a strong man of faith, that I want to strive to be so myself. By wearing John 3:16 on his eye patches in the January 2009 National Championship Game, he caused 94 million people to Google John 3:16! What an impact!

John 3:16 (NKJV): 
"For God so loved the world 
that He gave His only begotten Son, 
that whoever believes in Him 
should not perish but have everlasting life."

His determination to keep improving despite past successes is inspiring too. He has his faith in Christ to guide him. And he also thinks of his opponent in these terms: 

"Somewhere he is out there, 
training while I am not.
One day, when we meet, he will win."

So with your faith and life rightly aligned with Christ, no matter what life may bring your way, you can smile and say: "Game on!"

Dean Burkey




Uploaded by  on Apr 30, 2011


Uploaded by  on Feb 8, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment