Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Holy Laughter! Humor in the Bible

Happy New Month!
I wrote the following over a year ago, 
but never posted it!
I reworked it a bit to post now:




This book combines two of my lifelong loves -- Comedy and the Bible -- to present the humor that's in the Word and uncover other funny thoughts therein.

After I got out of the hospital following an appendectomy about 11-12 years ago, I started emailing family and friends to let them know I was okay. At first, I'd just copy and paste how well I improved, but then I started sending the same email to everyone at once. And from that grew a weekly "newsletter" of sorts. What would have been a blog, if I'd've known about blogging back then. With one of the weekly emails, I wrote about Humor in the Bible.

About 6 years ago, I performed standup comedy for my friend's church. Afterwards I wanted more comedy material, so I thought about turning that one email into a standup comedy show. So I added to what I had whenever I came across funny thoughts while reading the Bible.

Two years ago, my church went through the Bible in 90 days, so I made note of any humorous notions I found therein as well.

About two years ago, I sent a rough draft of the book to a friend to proofread, which she did magnificently. She color-coded her response. Red meant hilarious. Blue meant not funny. And no change meant funny, but not hilarious. So I took out the non-funny parts, or I made them funny. And reworked the book several times.

Although I had previously set several end time goals which I had failed to meet, on March 20, 2011, I decided that I would have my book done in four weeks, so I could give my aunt Betty B a copy for her birthday, for which a big party was planned for April 17.

So I worked and reworked, wrote and rewrote, until I finally had a printed book by April 17 to give to my aunt. (Really a proof, but it had the look of a book. Except for the page that says PROOF!

Finally I was finished. Until I was ready to create the Kindle edition and worked and reworked, wrote and rewrote again to ensure I made my book the best it could be.

Having published my first book, I've also learned how to host book-signings and how to design T-shirts, mugs, hats, and more!

Now I need to learn how to market better to accrue sales aplenty! 

http://www.zazzle.com/heavenbent?rf=238851028366967694



A much better deal is the Kindle version for only $2.99:


If you don't own a Kindle, use a Free Kindle Reading App:


And these comedy Kindle books are only 99 cents each:

   

Please click for a description.

No comments:

Post a Comment