Monday, June 24, 2013

The Trouble with Space Aliens and Hotties



Photo Source: Serenity by Yana Ray

The Trouble 
with Space Aliens and Hotties
I got blasted in my right calf 
by an electron-neutralizing ray. 
Owwww!!! 

Fortunately, the three-headed alien I rescued 
was able to patch me up. 
At least well enough so I wouldn’t have a scar. 

The middle head helped. 
The other two kept bickering the whole time, 
bad-mouthing the Terran.
(Me.) 


So I whispered to the middle head, 
that he (it) might want to consider 
undergoing a head-ectomy or two. 

I don’t know why creatures from other dimensions 
and distant galaxies don’t trust Earthlings. 

So I got patched up, 
but my right calf still hurt. 
Takes several days for the electrons to realign. 
Left me with a slight limp too. 
So I had to tell loved ones and curious interlopers 
that I had a Charley horse. 
Claimed it just hit me 
while I was running around Lake Hollingsworth. 

Other times, 
saving the universe takes longer than I anticipated, 
so I don’t get much of a chance to sleep. 
So the next day, 
I tell loved ones and nosy busybodies 
how I had difficulty sleeping the night before. 

So I guess the hardest part 
about being an intergalactic, time-traveling superhero 
is having to lie to everyone all the time. 
Feels hypocritical of me 
to say I stand for Truth, Justice, 
and Organic Dark Chocolate-Covered Ginger, 
when I have to lie to protect my secret identity. 

But then again, 
protecting my secret identity 
means protecting those I love. 
Also means I won’t get calls 
every time someone can’t find their car keys! 
Or a cat gets stuck up a tree. 
Or there’s a kitchen fire. 
Or a clogged toilet. 

I once had a girl ask me to go back in time
to prevent her from breaking a nail! 
Isn’t that crazy?! 

The resources needed 
to operate a time-displacement device are astronomical. 
Well, of course, I obliged. 
Did I not mention she had blue eyes 
and wore a pink Supergirl shirt? 
How could I say no? 

Silly girl broke her nail five minutes later anyway. 
So back in time I went again. 
She said please. 
And she laughed at all my jokes. 

After the fifth time, 
I told her that maybe her nail was meant to break. 
She laughed. 
And I wasn’t even joking! 

But hey, a free laugh is a free laugh. 
So I didn’t have the heart to tell I wasn’t joking. 
Which meant I had to go back in time 
twenty more times for a silly fingernail. 

At some point, 
space aliens from the seventh planet 
around Aldebaran abducted her. 
So I figured, finally some quiet! 

But not really, 
while abducting the nail-breaker, 
the Aldebaranians busted the muffler 
on my neighbor’s Ford Explorer. 
Bye-bye annoying nail-breaker; 
hello loudness

But it’s cool, if I ever miss her, 
I can always go rescue her. 

Or I could just fix Trevor’s muffler. 
And finally enjoy some quiet. 

Until the next noisy, intergalactic, 
time-traveling crisis comes my way.



Birra Moretti Zero

Uploaded on Jul 26, 2006 by

George Carlin: 
If you try to fail, and succeed, 
which have you done? 

Jerry Seinfeld: 
A recent survey stated 
that the average person’s greatest fear 
is having to give a speech in public. 
Somehow this ranked even higher than death 
which was third on the list. 
So, you’re telling me that at a funeral, 
most people would rather be the guy in the coffin 
than have to stand up and give a eulogy. 

Dean Burkey: 
I told a lie once. 
The only time I  ever told a lie. 
Was just now. 
When I said, 
“I told a lie once.” 

Mitch Hedberg: 
I would imagine the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid 
is really clean. 
I would imagine a vodka bottle 
is really drunk. 

Steven Wright: 
I was coming back from Canada, 
driving through Customs, 
and the guy asked, 
“Do you have any firearms with you?” 
I said: “What do you need?”


Brian Regan live performance - 2013

Published on Mar 27, 2013 by

No comments:

Post a Comment