Monday, June 17, 2013

Does That Make Me a Hero? Or a Villain?



Does That Make Me a Hero? 
Or a Villain?
I saved all the lives in the solar system 
of another dimension from several millennia ago. 

Am I a hero? 
To the beings of that solar system I certainly am. 
Thousands of years later, they still celebrate Dean Day! 

But to be fair, I only did 
what anyone with a trans-dimensional teleporter 
and time-displacement device would’ve done. 

The photon blaster came in handy too. 
But I “borrowed” that from the alien cyborg assassin 
from the future who tried to thwart my plans to exist. 

Had he not tried to destroy me on a sub-molecular level, 
I never would’ve devised a way to save 
my newfound friends in the Seventh Solar System 
of the Devonian Dimension. 

I used plutonium and a handheld mirror 
to deftly deflect the assassin’s blasts 
and politely asked, 
“Hey! Alien cyborg assassin from the future! 
What’s the deal?” 

He (it) curtly explained that 
he (it) was sent back in time to annihilate me 
for saving the life forces in the Seventh Solar System 
of the Devonian Dimension. 

I said I’d never done that. 

He (it) said I hadn’t done that yet
But that I would. 

I emphasized how I would never do that, 
because I had never even heard of 
the Seventh Solar System of the Devonian Dimension. 

He (it) must’ve felt sure he’d (it’d) 
revoke my membership in the Living Beings Club, 
because he (it) continued to tell me everything, 
saying that I probably never heard of them, 
because they became extinct several thousands of years ago. 

So I re-emphasized why it would be silly of me 
to be the one who would save them. 
I then mentioned that my neighbor Rex 
might’ve heard about them, 
because he drinks himself silly on Friday nights 
and spouts about all sorts of strange places. 

The cyborg assassin from the future thanked me 
and blasted Rex out of existence 
on a sub-molecular level 
with his (its) handy-dandy photon laser. 

As the cyborg gazed 
at the evaporating remains of my neighbor, 
I skewered his (its) heart (power source) with a pitchfork. 
And then I used his (its) photon laser to retire him (it) 
from the time-traveling killer-for-hire business for good. 

Noticing the few fleeting ashes that used to be Rex, 
I remembered that the strange places 
of which he chattered when inebriated 
were The Grand Ole Opry and Branson. 
I’ve never been to either of those places. 
So perhaps I inadvertently caused 
the horrific death of my neighbor Rex, 
but I saved all the lives in the solar system 
of another dimension from several millennia ago. 

Besides, Rex never recycled. 
And I know that doesn’t mean he should be blasted 
out of existence on a sub-molecular level. 
But I’ll go back in time and save him next week. 

Or the week thereafter. 
I wouldn’t mind enjoying a quiet weekend or two. 



Finney's Fine Furniture

Uploaded on Jun 1, 2007 by


Jerry Seinfeld: 
Sometimes the road less traveled 
is less traveled for a reason. 

George Carlin: 
Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Dean Burkey: 
Body piercing’s a strange way to smuggle paperclips. 

Mitch Hedberg: 
I want to ride in a cold air balloon. 
“This isn’t going anywhere!” 

Steven Wright: 
If the pen is mightier than the sword; 
in a duel, I’ll let you have the pen!

Brian Regan Stand up 2011

Published on Mar 22, 2013 by

No comments:

Post a Comment