Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How to Write: Engaging the Reader


How to Write:
Engaging the Reader

Photo Source: Writing by Elisa Xyz

One of the first rules of writing is to engage the reader right away. 
Soooo. ...

Um, I know this is sudden; and that you just started reading. 

But will you do me the honor of becoming my wife? 

That is, of course, if you’re a supermodel heiress to a chocolate fortune with a heart of gold, a great sense of humor, and a lovely smile. 

After you engage the reader? 

I don’t know. I never seem to get past the engaging part. 

But hopefully the writer and the reader live happily ever after.

Blessings & Joy,



Jerry Seinfeld on How to Write a Joke


Published on Dec 20, 2012 by
The comedian describes the anatomy of his Pop-Tart joke, 
still a work in progress, and shows his longhand writing process


Coming Friday:
Why Waldo Is So Hard To Find

No comments:

Post a Comment