Wednesday, March 21, 2012

“I Drink String Beans!”


I drink string beans.

I prefer the health benefits of raw fruits and vegetables, but eating uncooked string beans is not a culinary delight. You won’t find customers at a fancy restaurant telling the server: “I’ll have the Raw String Bean Soufflé.” 



“What is today’s Raw String Bean du jour?” 


“Does that come with cole slaw?” 

I used to drink spinach, but now I actually eat that. You can’t drink everything. At some point your teeth want to feel involved. Needed. Wanted. Like we all do.

But still, I plop string beans into a blender and hit Liquefy. That’s quite a setting. Liquefy. Sounds like something the Wonder Twins would do. “Oh no! We’re trapped! The only way out is that drain.  Wonder Twins Liquefy!”

Bananas are cool to eat. Even though you can’t eat without them thinking maybe Darwin had a point.

But still, I Liquefy them too. Just because I can. And because it makes smoothies taste better. And pumps me full of potassium.



Smoothie is a weird word.
“How smooth was that?”
“Eh. I wouldn’t say it was smooth, but I would say it was smoothie.”

I think the Liquefy button was made for bananas and smoothies. They certainly didn’t have string beans in mind. ‘Cause no matter how long you run the blender, you still wind up with a twine or two of string bean string going down your throat.

Although it’s those brushes with death that help us appreciate life, it’s really just for the health benefits that I drink string beans. 



On the plus side, drinking all those “strings” means your mouth’s already flossed. ;o)

Now let’s talk about how you can rewire a blender to turn back time and open portals to other dimensions.




Blessings & Joy,
Dean Burkey

No comments:

Post a Comment