Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Monster Laughs Disclaimer ...



Obviously, I don't want to dissuade sales, but your satisfaction and our relationship is worth more than your money, so I want you to know that "Monster Laughs" is NOT "Holy Laughter!" This book isn't sacrilegious, but it is a Let’s-Laugh-And-Have-Fun book, not a Let’s-Pray-And-Sing-Hymns book. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. As Seinfeld would say.

The following paragraph is my official Monsters Laughs Disclaimer ...

“Monster Laughs” is funny fiction, so fear not; laugh a lot! Even if you’re a monster, this book should be taken in good fun. Nothing herein is intended to be malicious. Everything is meant to be enjoyed as amusing entertainment, even such bizarre situations as Ms. Hyde’s cutting way of helping men sing soprano; and much to the Mystery Hunter’s chagrin, the Creature’s got the hots for him. Rated PG. For teens and adults.

Now that the obligatory disclaimer’s out of the way, I must say: I read through this book several times while writing and rewriting it; and it always makes me laugh. Funny dialogue, action, and one-liners abound. Verbal gems. Sight gags. Lots of fun. Lots of Monster Laughs.

Just remember, I'm not the Mystery Hunter; I only play him on the cover.

Blessings & Joy,
Dean Burkey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment