Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Lakeland Ledger Posts a Blurb for "Monster Laughs"

http://www.theledger.com/article/20111029/NEWS/111029206/-1/ZNYT01?Title=Polk-Prose-Monster-Laughs-By-Dean-Burkey-of-Lakeland

Following a suggestion from Jan W, another ImprovAddicts member, and using the contact info she provided, I emailed the woman in charge of the Polk Prose section of the Lakeland Ledger on October 14; and a snippet of that info made the paper. I'd never seen that section before, so I didn't know how much information to send. As in writing, it's always best to have too much, than not enough, so I sent an edited version of the substantial text I wrote for the Amazon page:


My plan now is to tag the book after the Look Inside feature becomes activated. I learned that lesson from my last book "Holy Laughter!" I tagged the book right away, which got it mentioned on several websites that track those tags, but the Look Inside feature wasn't available for a week or so after that. So anyone visiting from those other websites wouldn't have been able to see samples. Tagging after the Look Inside feature's activated is one of the many tips I provide in "How to Write All Kinds of Comedy Jokes" which should be availble soon.


Thank God for His Generosity and Providential Care.
May you always find something to make you smile.

Blessings & Joy,
Dean Burkey

No comments:

Post a Comment