Monday, June 18, 2012

Powerful Panda Points and Other Super Thoughts


My friends worry about me when we see superhero movies. ‘Cause afterwards, I’ll say, “That was fun. But that’s not how it really happened.” 

I enjoyed Kung Fu Panda. Just watched that last weekend. Lots of stars provided the voices for an add assortment of characters. Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Lucy Lui, Seth Rogen, David Cross, and many more. 

SPOILER ALERT: Bananas turn brown when they spoil.

(In other words, if you havent seen that movie yet, you might want to skip the next two paragraphs.) 

I especially liked the philosophical notion the movie presented: There is no Special Ingredient.” (Although, technically speaking, the Special Ingredient is faith and/or self-confidence.) 

I also liked how the very thing about which the Panda got picked on, became the reason he overcame. Kind of like “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer where his shiny red nose saves the day. 


Turns out this is the summer I finally get my super powers, so I’m looking forward to do that. 

First, I had to prove to the Super-Power-Giver-Outters* that my heart is in the right place. 

I was like, Duh! Underneath the rib cage. Right where it belongs!

I just hope I get cool powers like shooting webs or tossing tanks

And not something stupid like talking to fish. 

Or activating Wonder Twin powers

If I’m gonna get silly powers like those, I might as well just remain human. 

I’d rather have my dignity than get goofy powers far beyond those of mere mortal men. 

Maybe theyre gonna give me super speed, because they keep talking about how slow I am. 

Dean

Coming Attractions: July 2! An Awesome Post about The Amazing Spider-Man!

(Not their real name; maybe if I remembered their name, they would have empowered me decades ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment