Monday, November 11, 2013

TV Problems

Photo Source: Recycling Old TV by George Hodan

TV Problems

TV or not TV? 
That is the question. 
The service sucked, 
but I liked the reception. 

The problem with TV is 
we stay tuned to our favorite shows, 
but we don’t stay tuned to our own lives. 

Parents made TV our babysitter, 
but the Boob Tube’s 
turned into a mischievous hypnotist 
who makes us do far worse than cluck like a chicken. 
It makes us sleepwalk through our whole lives. 

Worrying about characters on TV shows 
is almost as bad as 
fretting over fake crops in Farmville. 

Another problem with TV is: 
I don’t think a major crisis 
in the lives of our favorite characters 
should be interrupted by commercials 
for fast food, pharmaceuticals, or laundry detergent. 
No one does that in real life. 
We’re worried about 
how we’re gonna pay our mortgage, 
but then suddenly we decide to buy 
a household cleaner that not only shines 
but smells like pines. 

Worst of all, 
TV can make you stupid. 
But then again, 
I used to watch lots of TV; 
and I came out K. O. 

A pretty cool place for an ending - The Cable Guy (1996)

Uploaded on Jul 3, 2010 by

Jerry Seinfeld
Men don’t care what’s on TV. 
They only care what else is on TV. 

Mitch Hedberg
A guy came up to me in the airport, saying, 
“Dude, I saw you on TV last night!” 
But he did not say whether or not he thought I was good. 
He just confirmed I was on television. 
So I turned away for a minute, 
and then I turned back toward him and said, 
“I saw you at the airport about a minute ago. 
And you were good!” 

Dean Burkey
The problem with Daytime TV is 
that the sun still shines through the shades. 
And all the people outside living real lives are too noisy. 

Steven Wright
When I was a kid, 
I remember seeing Smokey the Bear on TV saying, 
“Only you can prevent forest fires.” 
I thought “Who? Me?” 
So I’d sneak out of the house in the middle of the night 
with a bucket of water 
-- “Gotta go to work.”

Woody Allen
In California, they don’t throw their garbage away; 
they make it into TV shows.


This is a bit racy, but not too vulgar:

Comedies of the 70's: Phil Perrier Jokes About 70's TV! - Stand Up Comedy

Published on Aug 26, 2013 by

Hopper Games T-Shirt
Hopper Games T-Shirt by EvilTwinStore
Create your own t shirt designs online at Zazzle.

EvilTwinStore


Shop Amazon - Countdown to Black Friday in Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment