Thursday, August 14, 2014

This Little Tale Rings A Bell


The church bell used to awaken the townspeople early every Sunday morning. 

Which was fine for those who wanted to attend the early service. 

But for everyone else, this caused great consternation, since for many, this was their one day to sleep in. 

A riot was about to break out, when the vicar stepped forward and pointed to a severed rope dangling in the church tower. 

Happy to see the removal of the ringing device that used to awaken them so early on Sundays, the townspeople awarded the vicar: The No Bell Peace Prize
Dean Burkey

P. S. Was that as much pun for you as it was for me?






Phyllis Diller
Photos of me don’t do me justice. 
They just look like me.

George Carlin
Do infants enjoy infancy 
as much as adults enjoy adultery?



Dean Burkey
The early bird gets the worm. 
But the caged bird gets 
birdseed and air conditioning. 

Rod Schmidt: 
I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. 
They said, “What for?” 
I said, “I’m going to buy some sugar.” 

Steven Wright
Many people quit looking for work 
when they find a job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment