Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My RED 2 Movie Review


Photo Source: Red 2

My RED 2 Movie Review
by
Dean Burkey



Red 2 Official Trailer #1 (2013) 

- Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren Movie HD

Published on Jan 17, 2013 by

Have you ever gone mining for silver, but instead you found gold? ... Me neither. But I went to my friends' house to watch Sharknado 2: The Second One, which, if you check my previous posts*, you'll see I blogged about that Syfy flick like crazy. Unfortunately, that movie wasn't on their TV any more. So how did my friends help me overcome my feelings of overwhelming loss? They showed me a movie so amazing, I couldn't complain one bit. 


Photo Source: Red 2
Catherine Zeta-Jones, Mary-Louise Parker, and Bruce Willis.

Without knowing anything else about the movie, just knowing that Catherine Zeta-Jones is in it is reason enough to watch. And really, all you ever need is one reason. But this movie gives us so many reasons to watch. Just look at the cast! 


Photo Source: Red 2
Bruce Willis, John Malkovich
and Academy Award Winner: Sir Anthony Hopkins.
Yeah, that's right. 
He's not only won an Academy Award; 
he's also been knighted! 

Photo Source: Red 2
Academy Award Winner Helen Mirren 
as Victoria, an MI-6 Agent, 
whom I think would make an excellent friend, 
but a far worse enemy. 

Being entitled RED 2, this is obviously a sequel to RED, which was also a fun-filled, hilarious, suspenseful, action-comedy, thrill ride. 

The Big Question: Do you need to see the first one to enjoy the second one? Probably not. But you'll miss out on all the fun of the first one if you don't see it. All you need to know to enjoy the second one is: Former CIA Agent Frank (Bruce Willis) wants to enjoy a kill-free retirement, but his girlfriend Sarah (Mary-Louise Parker) wants excitement. And then an adventure comes along, which Frank wants to avoid, but can't. And he wants to leave Sarah out of it, but can't. 

Otherwise RED is on TNT tonight. Wednesday, August 20, 2014, at 7 pm Eastern. Which should give you an idea of how fun these movies are. As long as they didn't butcher it too much when editing it for TV. 

Click the RED pic below to watch it without commercial interruptions at Amazon Instant Video, where you can rent the HD version for $3.99 and purchase for $12.99; or rent the SD version for $2.99 and purchase for $9.99. Also at Amazon Instant Video, you can buy the HD version of RED 2 for $14.99 and the SD version for $12.99 by clicking the RED 2 pic. (Prices subject to change.)  




Besides the brilliant choreography for the fight scenes; the pervasive hilarity and snappy dialogue woven throughout the script; and the shocking twists and turns along the way; what impressed me most about this movie is the distinctiveness of the characters. Most of them are spies/killers, but they're each so unique. This is how movies should be made!

Mary-Louise Parker's variety of facial expressions impressed me too. Everyone performs excellently; everyone's fun in this film, but something about the way she can say so much with just a pout or a grin amazed me. 

So kudos to all, especially screenwriters Jon Hoeber & Erich Hoeber (based on characters created by Warren Ellis & Cully Hamner)**; director Dean Parisot; and the aforementioned awesome cast for making a thrilling, hilarious movie, which I thoroughly enjoyed; even if there weren't any sharks



The Amazon Instant Video description of RED 2 says: "In RED 2, the high-octane action-comedy sequel to the worldwide sleeper hit, retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device.

Bill Zwecker of the Chicago Sun-Times says: "Hilarious...Even better than the original!"

And I say: "RED 2 is the Sharknado 2*** of spy movies!"

All The Best,


Razzle-Dazzle with Zazzle



Click Here to Shop at Amazon!


My aforementioned previous posts promoting Sharknado 2: The Second One



More Sharknado 2: 
The Second One Fun

For More Shark Fun, 
Enjoy My Previous Posts: 

Shark Movies



(Just in case this listing of my previous posts about sharks and shark movies causes any confusion, let me clarify that RED 2 is NOT a shark movie.)

** I'm a writer, so I listed the writers first! ;o)

*** And I mean that as the highest of compliments. 


Click Here to Watch 
The Believe Me Movie Trailer


Red 2 Official Trailer #2 (2013) 

- Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren Movie HD

Published on Apr 26, 2013 by



Movie Quotes
From: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821694/trivia?tab=qt&ref_=tt_trv_qu


Frank: What are you doing kissing this guy?
Sarah: I didn't wanna kill him.
Frank: What kind of stupid logic is that?

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.

Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Marvin: Edward Bailey was a genius physicist who built some of the greatest stuff during the Cold War. Neutron bombs, particle beam weapons, nerve gas. Excellent nerve gas. He was a rock star of conceptual mass killing. They called him the "Da Vinci of Death".

The Frog: [sipping and swishing his glass of wine] Superb.
Al Said: Wine is wine. I want to buy American air defense protocols.
The Frog: Why is it terrorists never appreciate Burgundy?

Han Cho Bai: [about Frank] I'm going to enjoy killing him. Get me a gun that really hurts.

Car chase scene in RED 2

Published on May 30, 2014 by


Full Throttle Fat Loss


Based on a graphic novel published by DC ComicsRED stands for Retired Extremely Dangerous. Which is an acronym that could easily apply to my uncle when he plays golf with big boy clubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment