Friday, May 25, 2012

Funny Thing Is ...

Funny Thing Is ...

There are two things you need to know about me, two very important things: One, I always mean well. Two, most of what I say is meant to be funny. And three, sometimes I say more than I should. 

My top two favorite TV shows are both about fake psychics. (Psych and The Mentalist.) What does that say about me? I think we’re all posers, painfully aware of the Grand Illusion? Or I just enjoy entertaining shows with captivating characters, clever mysteries, and hilarious humor. 

I went to an art celebration last weekend. Part of the fun was a photo room with a starry backdrop and a table of props. So I dressed up and posed to play along. Being careful to wear a mask! Dont want people to see me looking silly. But wearing a mask doesn’t do any good when you get tagged on Facebook! I wonder if that ever happened to Batman.

If any one of three certain women ever proposed to me, I would say, “Yes.” But I’d never propose to any of them, because one’s engaged, one’s dating a cop, and one’s an imaginary Martian named Matilda. 

Okay, two out of three. ‘Cause I’d propose to Matilda. Antennas turn me on! (Plus, she’s invisible and may be looking over my shoulder right now, so I have to say whatever makes her happy.) 

(Funny Thing Is ... Although shes an imaginary being from a supposedly superior race, she cant read inside parentheses. Must be a Martian thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment