Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Down the Dragon's Hole

a rich dude posing as a beggar kidnapped me!
a sudden gust yanked me to the North Pole 
and thrust me down a huge, gaping hole.
And now Im ...

Down the Dragons Hole!


Top Secret NASA Satellite photo of where I fell in.
(From the only satellite that travels North/South around the Earth.)

Suddenly, after falling for miles and miles, (or it may have been for kilometers and kilometers; I dont know if the North Poles on the metric system or not; anyway ...), I slammed into the side of the hole. Right into jagged rocks. 

That hurt. 

Almost blacked out. But at least I stopped falling. Couldnt take much more of that nightmarish feeling. 

It was weird. I hadn’t reached the bottom of the hole, but still I stopped falling. 

No matter which direction I tried to climb, I kept getting pulling back to that part of the hole. 

I figured I must have fallen halfway; and the center of the mega-deep hole was also the center of gravity for the Earth. 

Which made me wonder what was in the other direction. 

I wanted to know, to be sure. Inquiring minds and all that. 

But I also wanted to get home. 

Or at least back to Andre’s omelet station aboard Dex’ Boeing 727-23

Plus, I still wasn’t sure I hadn’t just found the front door to the Devil’s house. 

And I had no intention of stopping by. 

Well, maybe if I had a flaming bag of poo, Id ring the Devils doorbell and run. 

But since I didnt, I just wanted to return to my side of the Earth. 

The top side!

So I restarted my paramotor engine and took off once again. So glad Dex bought the expensive one-button start kind. 

Only I didn’t know which way I was going. 

The hole was dark in both directions. 

Sadly, I realized too late to turn around that my heading in the warmer direction might not have been my best decision. 

Like the time I wore a lime green leisure suit. 

Couldnt turn around. Couldnt take any more time in that horrifying hole. Looked like I was about to pull the Devil’s tale after all.

Clearing the hole after a stuffy several hours, I landed in a swampy jungle (like one of those lands that time forgot kind of places) and hid my (Dex) paramotor under giant fern leaves. 

I couldnt go airborne again, because the skies were ruled by. Gulp! Pterodactyls! 

If only Travolta were here, hed love this! (See Time-Traveling with Hollywood Hunks.

I ducked underneath a giant fern leaf like a rat trying to hide from an owl. And, of course, I mean an adorable rat with a darling sense of humor. 

I repented of all my sins. From overdue library books to--actually, all I could think of was overdue library books. 

Oh yes; and I also repented that there wasnt enough of me to go around for all the supermodels and starlets back home. All of whom act cool, but deep down need a super dee duper dude like me. 

I thought about repenting of having a lack of humility, but then I thought: Is it really a lack of humility when Im so incredibly awesome? 

And yet, I still kept obsessing over overdue library books. Why? 

Oh no! I had a book that would be overdue if I didn't get out of the Inner Earth alive in time to take it back.

I didnt stay hidden long beneath that first fern leaf. Not when I shared that leaf with. Gulp! A baby T-Rex! 

And where theres a baby, Mommy and Daddy cant be too far behind, so I dashed out from under that leaf. 

I froze in fear as a pterodactyl screeched and flew at me. Closer. Closer. 

Well, either fear, or I was too busy pondering how much late due fees would be if I never--

--The creature swooped down with its claws reaching for me. 

Closer. Closer. Looked like this was it. 

Until ... 

At the last second, a hand yanked me out of the way, pulling me underneath a giant fern leaf not populated by dinosaurs. 

I looked to see and thank whoever owned that hand that saved me. 

You?! No way! Youre dead! Arent you? Um. Am I?

I tried to gulp again. But my throat felt too dry at this point. 

Apparently, Inside the Hollow Earth isnt an atmosphere conducive to gulping. 

TO BE CONTINUED* …

(I hope I can get another carrier condor to take my message to an Eskimo, to post that future blog, like I hope he did with this one. But even for a carrier condor, its so hard to find an igloo with a decent Internet connection!)

Dean

This is a work of humor/parody.



AUGUST 16 BONUS

No comments:

Post a Comment