Friday, September 7, 2012

About Those Cocoa Puffs

About Those Cocoa Puffs



In my previous post: Last Night’s Celebrity Dream, I mentioned my eating Cocoa Puffs. Please let me explain.  

I usually eat healthy.

More or less.

But I accomplished a goal and wanted to celebrate! 

I “finished” the first and second drafts of a screenplay I’ve wanted to finish for a while. 

“Finished” is in quotes, because I still need to tweak the dialogue a bit more. Plus, screenplays and other stories rarely, if ever, seem like they’re completely done. 

I spent two full days wrapping up things. So the next day when I went grocery shopping, I wanted to reward myself. 

The night before General Mills ran a TV ad touting how whole grain is the main ingredient of their cereals. 

So I decided to buy Cocoa Puffs

I enjoyed them. 

I think every comedy writer should eat Cocoa Puffs

You may call me cuckoo, but eating Coca Puffs makes me feel funny. 

And I mean funny like a comedy writer, not funny like I ate too many breakfast bean burritos. 

And wouldn’t you know it?

In addition to the delicious, fun time I enjoyed, I also received a free curvy straw! 

How could this get any better? 


Eating Coca Puffs is the perfect way for adults to enjoy chocolate milk without feeling childish. 

Since my super sister’s cooking blog Rach and Me is so popular, I’m jumping on the bandwagon to share some recipes of my own! 

The Peanut Butter, Banana, 
and Cocoa Puffs Sandwich!

Even Elvis never enjoyed a sandwich this good. 

You spread peanut butter one side of a slice of bread. 

Spread Cocoa Puffs over the peanut butter and smoosh each chocolaty puff into place. 

Cut a banana in half widthwise and lengthwise. 

Lay those four pieces over the Cocoa Puffs

Place another slice of bread on top. 

Serve at room temperature. 

Unless the room’s too hot. 

In which case, adjust the thermostat as desired. 

Eat. Enjoy!
For those of you cutting back on bread, I have another option:

Peanut Butter Banana Cocoa Puffs Pops!

Pour Cocoa Puffs in a bowl. 

You can never go wrong doing that!

Peel a banana. 

Doesn’t have to be all at once, but peel enough to be able to take a few bites. 

Spread peanut butter on the top of the banana. 

Dip the peanut butter-covered part of the banana into the Cocoa Puffs

Serve at room temperature. 

Unless the room’s too cold. 

In which case, adjust the heater as desired. Or put on a sweater. 

Eat. Enjoy! 

Repeat this procedure until you finish the banana. 

For added fun, ...

Peel the entire banana and put it on a stick.

Spread peanut butter all over the banana.

And then roll the peanut butter-covered banana in Cocoa Puffs until Cocoa Puffs cover every bit of peanut butter.

Freeze!

And then you can enjoy a:

Peanut Butter Banana Cocoa Puffsicle!

Please remember to cut out the Box Tops For Education coupons and donate those to the school of your choice. 

If only we had more time, I could share my other great recipes like Bacon-Wrapped Cocoa PuffsTeriyaki Cocoa Puffs Soufflé, and Cocoa Puffs Whipped Cream Casserole à la Mode

No comments:

Post a Comment